Thursday, November 11, 2010

lawless

Oh man, this Monday I had some extraordinarily surprising news: change of ownership at our workplace. It didn't really hit me at first, but the original owner (a weird cat from Philadelphia) wasn't there when I came in. A little bit before closing, a couple of Armenian guys came in who just so happened to be the new owners. Who knew ownership could go from bad to worse right?! lol don't get me wrong, it's not because they're Armenian (two of my coworkers are Armenian and happen to be the dopest people you'd ever meet), it's just that I get no bueno vibes from this guy. So come last night, none of the owners were there whatsoever, plus our somewhat incompetent manager left for the night. That is when it first hit me. Basically, we just kinda did what had to be done and practically kicked everyone out to close early, had a beer or two, created and ate our own pizzas, gave a flying fuck that someone wasn't charged for a bucket (6) of corona de la ronas, and got out of there asap! I mean, truly it's not the first time this has been done, there have been some extremely crazy times at that little cafe/sports bar. But this whole transitioning of ownership could even last a month, and last night was only a glimpse of what it's like without any ownership. I guess they have cameras and everything, and maybe they'll be watching us from afar, but I'd say that'd pretty hilarious for them to watch and have no control to do anything about it yet lol. Anyhow, I must say that work is very interesting nowadays, and forever will I be grateful to the original owner who did hire me to be their delivery boy, no matter how weird he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment